Psalm 119:11“I have hidden your word in my heart that I might not sin against you.”
How many of us are equipped to do the job, but fail to use the tools from the toolbox? How many of us are equipped with anointing, but refuse to operate in our anointing?
· Because we cannot lead every song we will refuse to sing on the choir
· Because we cannot be the head usher we will refuse to operate in the usher ministry
One of the main tools in the toolbox is the B-I-B-L-E. How are often do we take time to read, study, or meditate on God’s word.
The reason some of us are not equipped is because our toolbox does have the correct equipment.
· Some of our toolbox are filled with selfishness instead servanthood. We want God to do for us, but we do not want to visit the sick, mission work, or volunteer work. Matthew 25:40 says that when you have done to the least of my brother you done it to me.
· Some our toolboxes contains negativity rather positivity. Proverbs 18:21 says there is life and death in the power of the tongue.
· Some of our toolboxes contain a whining spirit instead of a worshipping spirit.
We will whine about the church service. It’s hot! It’s cold! We will watch the time. We cannot to come to Church School complaining it’s too early, but yet we will get up at 5:00 on Saturday to catch the one day sale at the local department store. Psalms103 “Bless the Lord oh my soul and all that is within in me, bless his holy name. Bless the Lord oh my soul, and forget not his benefits.”
· Does your toolbox have an instigating spirit or intercessory spirit?
Every time you come around it is drama. Always some type of mess. Keeping things stirred up. 1st Corinthians 14:33 “For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints.”
Study Judges 6:24… it tells us that God is Jehovah Shalom. He is our God of Peace.
See an intercessor would not be a part of that drama. See Ephesians 6:18, “With all prayer and petition pray at all times in the Spirit, and with this in view, be on the alert with all perseverance and petition for all the saints.”
See when you are intercessor you are praying for others. You are praying for friends, family, co-workers, and so on. The one thing about an intercessor nobody knows your name or who you are. You cry out on the behalf of others without them even knowing about it.
The greatest intercessor is Jesus Christ.
See when the word is deeply rooted in your heart you will:
· Love your enemies when they do you wrong
· Empower one another instead of being envious of one another
· Encourage one another instead discouraging one another
· Celebrate one another instead of criticizing each other
Therefore, I ask you, “What’s in your toolbox?”
I desire for you to be in my heart and to be rooted in your word. God, I need you and your word daily. I will make it a priority to communicate with you throughout my day. I cannot live without you.
In Jesus name,
Copyrighted 2015 by Edwina D. Perrin All rights reserved.
This is a global ministry empowered to teach Believers how to strengthen their prayer life and to fill their spiritual arsenal with scriptures and prayers to combat the enemy.