“My heart rejoices in the Lord;
in the Lord my horn[a] is lifted high.
My mouth boasts over my enemies,
for I delight in your deliverance” (1 Samuel 2:1).
Hannah is a perfect example of grace and humility. She and Elkanah, her husband, traveled faithfully to the tabernacle every year to worship and offer sacrifice. Hannah had a deep and abiding love for God and her spiritual passion was evident in her prayer.
The Bible tells us that Hannah was in relentless agony because she was not able to conceive a child. She pleaded God for one son so she could dedicate him to the Lord and he would be fit to serve in the tabernacle. When God granted Hannah's request, her thankful soul responded with words of praise that were filled with a wealth of love for God and acknowledged His righteousness, goodness, wisdom and power.
God not only blessed her with Samuel, but with five more children.
What Do We Learn?
- Prayer is not a secondary thing, but it is vital to our daily life.
- Prayer is an unconcealed weapon.
- Through prayer we experience grace, joy, and peace.
- Through prayer we:
- We growly spiritually
- Manifest godly characters (peace, patient, love...)
- God can hear and accept our prayer.
- God will grant our request in His own time.
- God will answer our prayer according to what is best for us.
- God will answer our prayer with more than we can ever dare to ask or hope for.
Thank You for Your unconditional love. I am grateful I can talk to You anytime I need too. Thank You for turning a listening ear to me. Thank You for hearing my cries. I am so glad to call You my Father.
In Jesus Name,
© 2016 Edwina D. Perrin. All rights reserved.